Monday, May 17, 2010

Dress Your Best: Neck...

Day 4 outfit for the Dress Your Best Challenge:

5-13-10-collage

Top: Burlington Coat Factory
Jacket: Nordstrom Rack
Pants: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Etienne Aigner via Rack Room Shoes
Earrings: Claire's
Bangle: Claire's?
Necklace: bought from a friend
Cami (unseen): Old Navy

Closeup:
5-13-10-full

For many people, wearing a turtleneck or other top with a high neckline means that none of their actual neck is shown. Oftentimes, it creates the illusion that the person's chin rests directly on their clavicle.
I love that I am able to wear high-necked tops and still have some of my actual neck able to be seen. There is something a bout a long neck that makes me feel a little more graceful. Dare I say swanlike.

Ironically, the day I decided to celebrate my neck was the day it decided to fail me. I have suffered on and off for a few years from muscle spasms in my back that make it extremely painful to turn or tilt my head to the left. Thankfully at this point I know fairly well how to treat it myself, but of course, on the day I decided to dress for my neck, it decided to pay me back by being stiff and painful.

No worries, neck.
I still love you, and I will nurse you back to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment