Welcome to this week's edition of Friend Fridays, sponsored by ModlyChic.
1. What part of the world do you blog from? (feel free to be as specific or as vague as you are comfortable with.)
I work in Washington DC and live in Maryland. Sometimes I blog from home, and sometimes I sneak in a quick post in my downtime at work.
2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say?
In DC, the general look is businesswear: suits or business casual, mostly. Where I live in MD, people have money and often dress in clothing that reflects that. Does that mean they are always well-dressed or tasteful? No. But they do look expensive.
3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold?
At work, I follow the rules while bending them as much as I can. I don't even own a suit, but thankfully my office is business-casual. I express my creativity as much as possible, and I think I manage to do so while still being office-appropriate.
Outside of work, I think I totally break the mold. I don't spend tons of money on my clothes, I don't care to wear name brands, and frankly, I don't even dress like a lot of my friends. I'm not sure exactly what my look is, other than "me."
4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve?
I traveled ALL THE TIME growing up. my parents are from England, and my mother worked for an airline. Travel was our MO!
I think what I loved about traveling was seeing all the differences across the country and around the world. There was so much variety, and to me, it pretty much just solidified my desire to be unique...or at least to not worry so much about trends. Did I ever follow trends growing up? Sure. But only the ones that actually piqued my interest.
5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be?
I'm not sure. But definitely not DC. heh.