Thursday, January 14, 2010

Long Weekend Ahead...

I have this coming Monday off for the MLK holiday. My fiance and I are going to be spending much of the weekend looking at rental homes, as our lease is up at the end of February, and we don't want to stay on where we are living now. Since we have so many places lined up to look at, we decided to take Friday (tomorrow) off to make an extra-long weekend out of it. In addition to house-hunting, I also have 2 bridal shows, 2 concerts, and an extra long dance practice scheduled for the weekend -- we shall see how many of those actually happen.

1-14-10-collage

Dress: Mossimo via swap
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: xhilaration, thrifted
Earrings: Laila Rowe
Necklace: vintage, thrifted
Belt: TJ Maxx

I wasn't initially sure about the color combination I put together with this outfit -- mainly, I wasn't sure if the dress and the shoes went together. However, the belt contains both a dark blue and a pale blue (though the pale blue of the belt isn't the same as the blue of the shoes) so I decided that it worked.

I think a lot of fashion is attitude.
I have seen so many women wearing amazing outfits, but there is something in their personality or demeanor that makes the outfit just not-quite-right on them. Conversely, I have also seen ladies wearing outfits that would look totally ridiculous on others, but because they have the attitude to make it work, they totally rock the ensemble.

For example, take the lovely Gwen Stefani and her posse of Harajuku girls:

(image originally found here)



These gals have decided that they look hawt, and thus are ROCKIN their fashion!
However, if I were walking down the street in that getup, I'd look a total fool!

The lesson?
If you decide that something works, and you carry that attitude along with you, others will agree. It's all about confidence.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more - fashion and looking good has a ton to do with having the attitude to carry it off.

    As for the shoes - love them! I'm a big fan of a lighter shoe with dark tights. It makes for such a pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evanadine, thank you so much for your incredibly kind comment. That was truly sweet of you to say. It has really been (and still is) a work in progress to figure out what style best suits me, and it was really awesome to hear from you that on some level, the experimentation is paying off. Thanks!

    I'm enjoying leafing through your blog as well. I love your cute haircut and your creativity in combining pieces - the layered blue and teal cowl-neck tops are awesome! The outfit you wore on Thursday (this post) is my favorite so far, though. I love how the belt ties the blue and gray colors together with a rich gold. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combo! And I adore that belt against the darkness of the dress.

    ReplyDelete