Monday, March 28, 2011

Day to Night...

Remember back a whole month ago when we were wearing red for women? I managed to post two of my red-themed outfits that month, but I really did wear red every Friday in February. I didn't manage to snap a photo of the last Friday of the month, but I did get a few shots of my third-week red-Friday outfit.

I was going straight from the office to a girls night out, so I needed something that could transition from work to play. Here is how I did it:

fotonea-20110323-184824

Top: Forever XXI, altered
Skirt: Old Navy
Cardi: NY&Co
Shoes: American Eagle for Payless
Earrings: gift
Bangles: thrifted
Jeggings: ANA via JC Penney

Closeup of the Work Outfit:

Work

I really love the pattern that runs down the front of this tank, but the straps aren't really work appropriate. Let me show you:

Back

Totally cute, but not quite office attire. Hence the cardigan. It pulls double-duty of keeping me warm AND taking a casual piece and making it appropriate for daytime.

But, as I said, I was heading out for a night with the girls. While I love the skirt, I thought it would be chilly, so I wanted a little more coverage. Plus, to be blunt, after downing a few drinks, I didn't want to have to worry about being too ladylike in a skirt. Enter the jeggings!

Going Out

I also peeled off the cardi, but I carried it with me in case I would need it. (Thankfully, it was an unseasonably warm evening. Other than the drive home, I didn't need it.)

But ladies, cute outfits aside, let me share with you the lesson I learned that night. Sometimes, it makes no difference how MUCH you drink. The combination of alcohols alone can be enough to leave you praying to the porcelain god. For six long hours. Ugh. My once-in-a-blue-moon reminder of why I'm not much of a drinker.
But hey, at least I looked cute!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a sad ending to the night! I swear I can't drink like I used to, have 3 glasses of wine and I am useless the next day!

    But I love your outfits, the B&W with the pops of red - that white top is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie,

    funnily enough, hubby's teenage cousin, who was spending the weekend with us, also had a party-hearty friday night, so poor hubby was nursing both of our hangovers on saturday. but, thankfully, like i said, im not much of a drinker.
    thanks for swinging by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day to night outfit! That top is so pretty and I love the pop of red in the flats.

    I hope you had a good time - despite the sick part!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    yes, outside of the recovery, it was a great night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. See what I mean about you looking so smoking hot? Fabulous use of this top for work and for play.

    Sorry about the illing. That's never pleasant.

    ReplyDelete