Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm a Paper Doll...

Apologies for not getting this post up yesterday -- my evening reads like a laundry list of bad excuses: power went out, cooked not one but two dinners, allergies, not feeling well, bathtime, sheer exhaustion.
Anywho, on with the outfit!

The lovely Ashley of Image Envy was my stylist for the day.
She scoured my archives and this outfit was born, pretty much on the first try. She asked if I owned tan shoes (darker than my nude pumps), and I was surprised to learn that these heels have never made it to the blog. They are ancient, and despite having been shoe-gooed a few times, they definitely need another round! The only change-up I made from her original vision was changing the cami to this t-shirt. My camis are a little more fitted than I prefer to show off at work (without a layer over them). Other than that, I couldn't wear the gold bangles she asked for, since I don't own any, and she told me to wear corresponding earrings -- not hoops.

And, voila!

Collage

Cardi: TJ Maxx
Tshirt: JC Penney
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: Fioni (very old)
Earrings: Target
Belt: unknown
Bangles: Claire's

Closeup:
Full

We all know I love this cardi, but strangely, I usually wear it with bright colors. I rarely wear it with a more toned-down color palette and let it be the sole star of the show. It's nice to have someone else's eye go through your closet and show you new combinations.
So if ever there is a Paper Doll Project: Round 2, I will be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment