Thursday, May 12, 2011

I'm a Pixie, I'm a Paper Doll, I'm a Cartoon...

Welcome to another edition of the Paper Doll Project, hosted by Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy!

Paper Doll Project

As you may remember, I participated in the first round of this fun project back in March. I had so much fun with the first go-around that I was excited when Suze announced round two! I signed up immediately!

This time around, I was paired up with the awesome Betsy of Miss B Gets Dressed. Betsy has a great sense of style -- comfy, cozy, and really chic all at the same time. Plus she is really talented and does the most amazing sketches! (This is in no way a shameless plug for her to do a sketch of one of my outfits -- only it totally is.)
I was really excited to see what outfit Betsy put together for me, and the gal did not disappoint! Check it out for yourself:

Collage

Dress: H&M
Blazer: Sashimi via Nordstrom Rask
Shoes: Michael Shannon via Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse
Necklace: NY&Co?
Sunnies: Plato's Closet
Earrings: gift
Belt: TJ Maxx

Closeup:
Full

You've seen me wear this dress several times on the blog, but I had never thought to pair it with this blazer. I really like how the pairing makes the dress a little less flowy and a little more businessy. I also really like how she chose my bright orange wedding shoes to go with this outfit. It added a pop of brightness to an otherwise darker outfit, and I really like how well the orange played off of the coral color in the dress. They don't match, but they go. And yet another detail I like about this outfit is how the texture of the necklace mirrors the pattern on the dress.

If you'd like to see how I styled Betsy, check out her Paper Doll Post. I totally want to steal every piece of that outfit, and possibly some other items in her closet too.

5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I love the blazer with that dress and those shoes are killer! You look awesome!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bright shoes were brilliant - you got such a great outfit styled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great outfit. I love the bright shoes contrasting with the tough blazer.
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all - I own a couple of blazers but never wear them. I feel like I'm playing dress up or something. And as always - the shoes, so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combo of the blazer and dress.

    ReplyDelete