Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inspired by: Hillary...

When I put this outfit together, I wasn't intending to channel another blogger. I was simply standing in my closet, holding pieces next to each other until I felt like an outfit was born. When I held the vest beside this blouse, I knew they would be great together, and I knew balancing out the fitted upper-half with a poofy skirt would be a great look.

7-9-10-collage

Blouse: Zara
Vest: H&M
Skirt: Gadzooks
Shoes: Vera Wang for Kohls
Ring: Laila Rowe
Earrings: Claires

Closeup:
7-9-10-full

So, as I said, when I pulled this combo together, I knew I had a winner, but there was something nagging at me that I just couldn't quite put my finger on until I actually put the outfit on the next morning. This outfit totally screamed Hillary to me. Poofy sleeves, check. Top nipped in at the waist, check. A skirt that just makes you want to twirl, check. Hillary is a master of this look.
I felt that to truly conjure Hillary, I should have added a long necklace, but none of the ones I have fell right with the vest. Instead, I threw on a slightly funky ring, of which she has several. (I used to wear mine a lot more often, but ever since becoming engaged last year and wearing a rather flashy engagement ring every day, I haven't felt quite right sporting a fun ring anymore. Hopefully when I'm more used to wearing the e-ring every day it will fade into the background and my beloved fun-ring collection can come out of hiding again...)

5 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! The colors are awesome and I love how you pulled out the purple with the shoes. Which, by the way, are fantastic and I covet them.

    The vest looks great on you. I need to go find one now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, don't hold your breath. I had a lot of funky plastic rings that I loved, but they all look completely ridiculous next to my wedding ring. Or worse, they make my wedding ring look ridiculous. Pare down your collection to tasteful baubles of the same metal and donate the rest to your single and fabulous friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute look.. I think I have become "inspired as well"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleeves on that top are cuter than can be put into words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the inspired love.
    I have to politely disagree with the above poster. I don't think you should give them away. I have had on an engagement ring for 12 years and wedding almost 8 I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a giant ass cocktail ring and your bands. You just might not be used to the look yet.
    I didn't wear these at the same time it was just to show you them but I don't think either would look bad with my wedding set.

    http://www.byhillary.com/2010/07/my-weekend-in-pictures.html

    ReplyDelete