Monday, May 10, 2010

Artists Can Color the Sky Red Because They Know it's Blue...

I used to have oodles of red pieces in my closet because someone once told me red was my color. Lately, though, I have realized that I actually have very few red items, so I have been trying to keep an eye out for things in that punchy color.

5-6-10-collage

Top: Anne Taylor Loft, thrifted
Pants: NY&Co
Shoes: American Eagle for Payless
Cami: Forever XXI?
Earrings: black coral from Curacao, gift
Necklace, made by me

Closeup:
5-6-10-full

I love this necklace. Like seriously, when I whipped this thing up, despite having initially made it as a Christmas gift, I knew it would be mine. I think it may be my favorite of the few pieces I have made so far -- I'm darned proud of it.

I also really love this top. I think it was my first Anne Taylor Loft purchase, and I was smug to have bought it thrifted. It is so soft and comfy, and the wrap styling really makes my waist look tiny.

Finally, I really love these new shoes! Payless had the end of the BOGO deal this weekend, so despite trying to save money, I decided to head in there (hey, I need wedding shoes, right?) I wasn't able to find a second pair to BOGO these with, but these were so cute and cheap that I snatched them up anyway.

It's such a happy feeling to be wearing several pieces that you really love.

Take a moment to view the link about the earrings I am wearing. It is really fascinating to me to read about the black coral and the man who makes this jewelry.

5 comments:

  1. Love the shoes!

    http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little red flats are darling, and I'd love to see a closer shot of your earrings!

    Fashionable Academics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit, my eyes are going to red things lately. With my clothes I have different favorites all the time, the shoes are so cute, Maybe they still have them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see those flats at our Payless two weekends ago! Love that top - makes you look so tiny! (Note: I need more wrap tops.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, red is a great color for you. Scoop it up whenever you see it; it doesn't actually come around much in collections.

    ReplyDelete