Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Dressing My Best...

"So often, our focus when getting dressed in the morning is how to minimize or downplay aspects of our bodies that we’re just not crazy about. Does this skirt smooth my hips? Does this top hide my tummy? Do these pants make my thighs look slimmer?
But what would happen if you inverted that thought process? What if, instead of dressing to mitigate your so-so, you dressed to highlight the parts of your body that you love most? What if, for a whole week, you committed to self-consciously dressing your best bits?"
-the lovely ladies of academichic

Dress Your Best Week

This week, May 10-14, is Dress Your Best Week -- and yours truly will be participating!

Here are the 5 body parts I have chosen to highlight:
1. my “girls”
2. my curvy waist
3. my long neck
4. my boo-tay
5. my eyes

Now, because my posts are often a day or two behind when my outfit was actually worn, there is still a backlogged post or two in store before the Dress Your Best posts will display. To clear any confusion, I will post which day of the week I wore an outfit and which body part is was intended to highlight.

If you haven't already signed up to participate, I urge you to!
Too often we ladies dress ourselves to hide flaws instead of celebrate beauty. Let's embrace our fabulocity!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great style challenge! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great challenge. Good luck

    http://bigsizeonasmallbudget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new reader via What Andie Wears. I look forward to following your fashion pursuits!

    Please stop by my blog if you can :)

    http://twoprepsinapod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete