Thursday, May 20, 2010
Beautiful Blogger Award...
Many Thanks to the beautiful Kayleigh of Fashionably Later for giving me this award. Kayleigh is truly an honest-to-god trooper. She has been through so much in the last year-plus, and she is handling it all with dignity and grace -- even if SHE doesn't think she is.
Here are ten (hopefully new) factoids about myself:
(1) I know the lyrics to almost any song (especially from the 80s and 90s) on the radio. Until you ask me what those lyrics are -- then my mind goes blank. I can only recall them while singing along.
(2) I am afraid of the dark. And any creatures with more appendages than me: spiders, octopi, squid, etc.
(3) Despite being an English major and *knowing* good grammar and spelling, most of my emails and facebook/blog posts (except on this blog) are riddled with bad punctuation and no capitalization. It's not that I don't know any better, I just don't care.
(4) In light of the above, I am FOREVER seeing signs with misspellings and incorrect punctuation in places of business. And it seriously irks me to no end. I mean, seriously people, can't you take the few extra moments to have someone look it over? It gives me a poor impression of your business when I see that!
(5) I grew up traveling a lot. I have been to England, Ireland, Mexico, Canada, Italy, and many of the states in the US.
(6) I have the sense of humor of a pervy 13 year old boy. If there is any way to twist a statement to make it dirty, my mind will do it. I think this stems from growing up with an older brother who would do so with anything I said, so I just started running my thoughts through a filter before I spoke. Now my filter works on overdrive.
(7) My favorite ice cream is lime sherbet. Sadly, I rarely see it in the ice cream shops. Rainbow, check. Orange, check. Raspberry, check. Why not lime? *le sigh*
(8) I wish I could look as put-together as many of the bloggers I read. They make it look so effortless and natural. Meanwhile, I struggle to piece together interesting outfits, and I feel like I usually look too piecemeal and like I tried too hard.
(9) I desperately want to lose some weight, but I hate working out, and I have little willpower to control my eating. I know these are excuses, but I have yet to figure out how to get over my biggest hurdle: myself.
(10) I am a people-watcher. So is my dear fiance. Whenever we go to the mall, if we are sitting in the food court, we can hold an entire conversation without ever looking at each other. For me, I think it stems from the fact that I was *thisclose* to being a Psych major in college -- I am intrigued by why people behave the way the do. For him, I think it comes from his Anthropology/Sociology background.
I'm not sure how many people I am supposed to tag for this, so I will just name a few:
Sal of Already Pretty
Jenny of Closet 365
Allie of My Wardrobe Today
Taylor of Taylor Wears Everything
Andie of What Andie Wears
Sher of Fashion After Forty
A-C of Law School Fashionista