Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dress Your Best: Eyes...

Day 1 outfit for the Dress Your Best Challenge:

5-10-10-collage

Top: H&M
Sweater: H&M
Pants: NY&Co
Shoes: Sam and Libby via Marshall's?
Earrings: Claire's

Closeup:
5-10-10-full

One of the body parts/areas I really love about myself are my eyes. My eyes are mostly blue, with a gray tone and little touches of green. I love that my eyes turn more gray when that color is predominant in my outfit or green, likewise. I love that whenever I have been crying, my eyes turn a bright aqua blue. (I may be an ugly crier, but at least there's still something beautiful there!)

When I was little, just a toddler, I used to love making faces with crossed eyes. As everyone's parents have said at some time or another, my mom used to say "don't make that face or it will stay that way!" Who EVER believes that? Well, I do -- it happened to me!
Once I was making a face with crossed eyes, and I had some sort of muscle spasm or something -- and one of my eyes was STUCK. I actually had to have surgery to fix it! I am very lucky to have nor only normal, but truly lovely eyes today. I always had perfect vision growing up, but these days I do wear contacts. It's a small price to pay for the wonders my eyes have let me see throughout the years.

Totally unrelated side note:
Are there any bloggers in the OBX area?

3 comments:

  1. YAY!Very pretty eyes! That blue sweater just makes them pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, as beautifully simple as it looks, I never would have thought to put a striped shirt underneath a solid sweater.

    I don't know why.

    That IS a great color for you (and your eyes) and I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OBX = outer banks? if so. . . chickie, you and I must talk.

    ReplyDelete