Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Covergirl Outlast Lipstain...

As you can probably tell from looking at my outfit photos, I don't usually wear makeup on a day-to-day basis. There is really no reason for this, other than pure laziness. I do actually OWN a decent amount of makeup, and for the most part, I know how to use it. I'm no makeup artist by any means, but I actually really like the way I look in makeup, and when I give myself enough time, I do actually use it sometimes. Unfortunately, on workdays, it is very rare that I leave myself enough time to put on a face. I may cover a blemish or throw on some gloss, but that's about it.

Another reason that I don't wear makeup on a daily basis is that so much of it needs to be reapplied throughout the day, and I really can't be bothered to touch up my face, much less carry around all the supplies needed to do so. That said, any makeup that is quick any easy to apply and lasts a while is totally awesome in my book.

After having read a few other bloggers say good things about Covergirl Outlast Lipstain I decided to give it a try.
First, I have to say I was surprised that it wasn't easier for me to hunt down -- I looked both in my local grocery store (Safeway) and our closest Target, and while both carried Covergirl products, neither had the lipstains. I finally tracked it down at our nearest CVS.
I picked up #415 "Teasing Blush" since I wanted something somewhat similar to my natural lip color, but amped up a notch or two. I have to say, this product really fit the bill. I throw it on once in the morning, and I can either leave it as is or layer some gloss over it. Even when the gloss wears off, the color does not. I usually touch it up once after lunch -- the color doesn't come off when I eat or drink, but I usually like to apply a second coat midday to amp it up some more.
I am hoping to get another lipstain in a bolder color, probably #405 "Berry Smooch."

Lipstain-Before Before Lipstain
Lipstain-After With Lipstain

In short, I would recommend it, if you're thinking of trying it!

*I was not paid or requested in any way to do this review by Covergirl. I am simply sharing about a product I enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I may have to try this. I am not a lipstick person, but sometimes I do need some color...

    ReplyDelete