Imagine my surprise when I was just doing my thing, checking out my favorite blogs, when I see that one of them has given me this award! Thank You Suze!
I am supposed to tell 10 interesting things about myself, and pass it along to some other bloggers.
OK, here are my "interesting" facts:
(1) I am adopted. I have known all my life. I found my birth mother when I was 19 years old, but the family and parents I grew up with are the people I consider my "real" family.
(2) I used to want hair as long as Crystal Gayle. In high school, I asked for my stylist to cut off "the dead ends" and ended up with at least 6 inches chopped off my hair. I cried for days. Since then, my hair has only gotten shorter and shorter -- the style I have now is nowhere near the shortest cut I've had (which my brother dubbed my Billy Idol look).
(3) I can pop my jaw loud enough for people to hear it. I thank a horrible case of TMJ for that.
(4) I skipped kindergarten. Well, to be precise, I was in kindergarten for 6 weeks, then they moved me up to first grade.
(5) My parents are both from England. I was always envious of friends with huge families because I have no other relatives in this country.
(6) I am shy. Very shy. So shy my parents wanted to put me in therapy (but didn't). To this day I'm convinced that I have Social Anxiety disorder. Once you know me, I'm pretty darn outgoing, but put me in a room full of strangers and (a) I won't make the first move to talk to any of them and (b) most of them will probably think I'm stuck-up -- my mom always told me that I come off this way.
(7) I have been a dancer since I was 2 1/2 years old. I have done tap, jazz, ballet, poms, hip-hop... I taught for a few years, and then a year ago, a friend suckered me into joining a hip-hop team with her. I am the only white girl on the team, but I managed to "pass" as black when one of the other girl's mom saw me onstage and thought I was just light-skinned. That totally made my day. :)
(8) I am getting married in October. My fiance and I have been together for over 3 years -- this time. We dated briefly back in undergrad, then didn't speak for 8 years. He found me online, and the rest is history...
(9) I'm a Facecrack addict.
(10) I have a tendency to talk to myself. Out loud. Most of the time I'm totally aware of it + don't do it around other people, but once or twice when I'm lost in my own thoughts I have had a friend or boyfriend ask me who I'm talking to. Oops.
OK, so now I'm supposed to pass this award along onto some other bloggers. It didn't say how many.
Erin over at Work with What You've Got
Hillary of byhillary
Kimberly at Fab Finds Under 50
Christine who runs FutureLint
Tina over at T Minus, T Plus
These are a few of my absolute FAVORITE blogs to read, so I'm excited to have this opportunity to give them this award!