Monday, April 26, 2010

Feeling a Little Stepford...

When I saw this dress on a table at a clothing swap I went to last year, I immediately snatched it up. It is so very different from what I think of as my style (though, I've been finding since I started this blog that a lot of what I wear is different from what I think my style is -- perhaps I need to either redefine my style or shop more specifically?) but I thought it would be perfect for slightly dressier events such as summer weddings, date nights, and classy backyard barbecues.

4-22-10-collage

Dress; Nine West, swapped
Cardi: NY&Co
Shoes: Modern Vintage, thrifted
Belt: wrap belt from another dress
Bracelet: gift
Earrings: Laila Rowe

Closeup:
4-22-10-full

There is something about the fitted bodice and flared skirt that makes me think of this dress as my Stepford Wives dress. Clearly I need pageant hair, strappy shoes, and a plastic face to go full-on Stepford, though...
I admit freely, however, that I caught myself twirling a few times during the day.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress - I would have snatched it up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS a pretty dress, I would have also picked it up!
    It is truly amazing the little things we learn about ourselves doing this "blog" thing.. and to think some people see it as shallow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shape of that dress is seriously one of the most flattering things I have seen on you yet. Forget the Stepford connotation, buy more like this!

    ReplyDelete