Friday, April 30, 2010

Nude...

Just the other day, Sal put up a post about nude shoes. In her post, she commented that while she is developing a love for nude sandals, she does not "love/want/get" nude pumps.
I left her a comment letting her know that as I was reading her post, I was wearing my nude pumps!

4-28-10-collage

Dress: Context, thrifted
Shoes: RSVP via ebay
Earrings: the Limited
Necklace: very old
Belt: Kmart

Closeup:
4-28-10-full

(apologies for photo quality. note sure what happened -- suggestions?)

By no means do I feel slighted by Sal's preference away from nude pumps, but for me, I love how much longer my legs look with them. Plus, they really do go with everything! I feel that if I'd worn blak or brown shoes with this outfit, my feet/legs would have ended up looking heavy and stumpy. Add in instead the nude pumps, and I get extra height, better posture, a longer visual leg line, and I still get to click-clack down the hallway.

Will my outfit bring Sal to the nude side?
No, not likely.
But that's what's so wonderful about fashion -- I may never want what you have for myself, but I can appreciate (1) that it looks good on you and (2) that you like it. We don't have to all like everything!
And that's ok.

But Sal, if I did convert you, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I am also a big fan of the nude pump. (And I own nude wedges, too, which are pretty sweet.) I love this look on you today! And you're right - the nude pump is the perfect choice with this gorgeous, fun dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are gorgeous!

    I just wanted to pop over and thank you for entering the giveaway for my Karma Cards on the Daddy Likey blog! We've got a few sets left if you're still keen (cough, shameless self-promotion, cough) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so pretty, and I think the nude pumps are perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is spot on! The browns are so good against your skin, the length is perfect, and I just love the necklace nestled inbetween the high collar!

    ReplyDelete