Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pop of Blue...

I was so excited to spy this belt at NY&Co for half off. I have really gotten into the habit of belting my outfits in the last few months, and I love having a colored belt that can instantly add a pop of color to an otherwise neutral outfit.

4-23-10-collage

Top: H&M
Vest: H&M
Skirt: Land's End, swapped (actually a skort)
Shoes: American Eagle for Payless
Belt: NY&Co
Earrings: Claire's
Necklace: made by me

Closeup:
4-23-10-full

I had dear fiance play photographer for me again, as it was late, dark, and raining outside. Between experimenting with Kasmira's tips and directing him better, I think I am getting the hang of having a personal photographer!

I had an evening where I was actually able to pull out some of my jewelry supplies and play around. This necklace was the result. It's not exactly what I had envisioned (my skills are very elementary, so I'm still figuring out how to create when I picture in my mind), but I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

My mom surprised me right before I left work to let me know they were in town, and would I like to meet them for a drink? Why yes, it's Friday, it's been a long week, and I think I will have a drink, thankyou. This was a great outfit to transition from work to happy hour with my parents.

Do you make jewelry? If so, do you plan your creations, or do you let them organically take shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment